Saturday, September 18, 2010

Keep Your True Friends Close

This past Sunday I spent about 6 hours with some of my best friends in the world. I moved away this past year, and I've missed these people so much. And I realized, at some point during the day, that this was truly love. I knew I would be there for these people at any time for absolutely anything, and I knew they'd be there for me as well. I also realized that I would be so utterly lost and lonely without them in my life. I gave thanks to God for being fortunate enough to meeting such wonderful people in my life, and was inspired to write a prayer about it.
Lord,
Thank you for blessing me with such amazing people as best friends. Please bless them in whatever they do. Give them peace when they are worried, comfort when they are scared, and show them Your love when they are upset. Protect them Lord, because they are some of the best people I know, and they deserve it. Lord, please show Your love to those who are not as fortunate as me. Find friends for those without good friends, Lord, because everyone deserves a true friend to love and care about them.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment