Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Prayer for Selflessness


O Dearly beloved Word of God, teach me to be generous, to serve Thee as Thou dost deserve, to give without counting the cost, to fight without fretting at my wounds, to labor without seeking rest, to spend myself without looking for any reward other than that of knowing that I do Thy holy will. Amen.

I found this prayer online. It is a prayer for selflessness. I was learning about the 10 Commandments in my religion class, and several of the examples they gave of what the commandments were asking us to do were related to selflessness. I am a very lucky person so I think that this prayer is appropriate for me. I am asking God to help me to help others who have less than I do, and to not mind doing it. I think this prayer is really appropriate for anyone preparing to do service. It is simple and brief, but it says so much, and that is a really great thing.

From: www.catholic.org

No comments:

Post a Comment